A Mentoring Program for Healthier AI Advocates!
Purpose: To create a community ingraining different values and perspectives, to collectively voice expectations for responsible data use in AI, bringing data practitioners together to examine the existing research and evidence.
Outcome: Leaders, who in their own way are able to drive conversations, discussions that will help developers to incorporate ethics into their design processes and create content which would help people understand AI in a better way.
Process: A 15-week mentoring & training program, based on the Mozilla Open Leader Program, helping participants becoming Healthier AI Advocates!
We hope to instill the following principles in the community and help the broader Internet Health Movement:
- Thinking About the People Behind the Data. Humanize the stories behind the numbers.
- Considering the System. Ensure human-centered benefit for individuals, communities, and humanity.
- Mapping Data and People. Create and share a big-picture view of the entire data flow in a system.
- Capturing the Minimum Viable Data. Limit the amount of data to gather and retain.
- Anticipating Market Pressures, Takeovers, and Hacks. Guard against undesirable use of data.
What’s in it for you?
- Become an Open Leader
- Develop projects and content
- Gain knowledge from experts in the community